Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

New in Houston - First Non-Ford!

limbo.gr

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
Just picked up my core with the performance and tech packages this last Monday. Loving it so far.

Got a lot to learn about the platform, and really like seeing what everyone is doing to their cars.

I remember over a year ago I made the decision I was going to sell the Focus RS I had for 4 years in anticipation of getting a GR, in the meantime I picked up my 2nd Fiesta ST and drove that for a year, until I got a chance at getting this car.

Grew up in Ford family, a foxbody was my first car, and had a few more mustangs after that, but got bit by the hatchback bug when I first saw the SVT Focus back in 2001. Got to own one in 2008, and piked up a Fiesta ST in 2015, then a Focus RS in 2018, then back to a Fiesta ST in 2022.

Loved the RS, but hated driving it slow and normal. Felt heavy, Loved the Fiesta, loved driving it since it was so light and you could just toss it. My last one also had an LSD in it, and was a hoot to drive, but lacked some refinement.

I feel like the GR, in the short time, fits just right for me. Haven't given it the beans just yet, but I can feel the composure, but I feel like I can also just drive it like a normal car. Really like that.

I'm promising myself to keep it simple, but I said that with the RS and that was a complete lie.
Screenshot 2023-08-09 203650.jpg

Last pic of the ST I traded in, going to miss the Fiesta. Might go for the same vibe as this on the GR:
PXL_20230807_212123625.jpg

2016 Focus RS - I thought this would be a forever car, but was scared of reliability after seeing two friends blow up their engines:
DSC_6946~2.jpg

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Welcome!

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Welcome! Former Fiesta ST owner here as well. You might recognize my username from FiestaSTForum.

Reactions
City
College Park
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla Core
Beautiful rides and welcome!

GRRS

Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla CE
Congrats! I'm up in Austin. Which dealer did you purchase from?

limbo.gr

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
Welcome! Former Fiesta ST owner here as well. You might recognize my username from FiestaSTForum.
Yeah I do! Glad to see other FiSTers, lol, enjoying the GR

Congrats! I'm up in Austin. Which dealer did you purchase from?
I got it from Mac Haik Toyota in League City,

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Fiesta ST want GR Corolla
Welcome I am a FiST owner still :ROFLMAO:. I will probably keep it unless someone offers me stupid money for it. In the market for the GRC as I have been bitten by test driving one. It’s kinda what happened with the FiST . I test drove one and was like ya I gotta buy this. Waited for the right deal though. I was a long term Japanese car guy though the FiST was my first Ford outside of briefly owning a 65 Mustang in High School.